POSITION: Finance Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor and Pastor’s Council
Scope of Position:
The Finance Manager has the responsibility of ensuring that CLA’s operations are processed and reported accurately and with integrity. This will include but not be limited to responsibility for the oversight, management, and leadership in the areas of finance, internal control, and auditing for CLA and its projects. Direct and manage all finance functions for CLA including projects and ministries.
The Finance Manager shall report to and be accountable to the Senior Pastor and Pastor’s Council.
• The Finance Manager should be a Born again Christian. Due to the significance of this position in the Church, the candidate should have a clear calling from God.
• He should possess a Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance. Being a CPA would be an added advantage.
• A minimum of seven years finance and accounting experience with four years at a managerial level preferably with a Church or Christian Organization.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge and ability in financial accounting, control and financial reporting standards. Responsibilities:
• Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the vision and mission statement of Christian Life Assembly.
• Oversee the financial management department of Christian Life Assembly. This includes financial oversight over projects.
• Prepare monthly and end of year financial reports for the Pastoral team and Pastor’s Council and presentation of the annual financial report at the A.G.M.
• Spearheading the annual budgeting process and long term financial forecasting.
• Ensure compliance to all legal and statutory requirements.
• Processing of payroll and submission of statutory deductions on time.
• Monitor cash flow to ensure availability of sufficient funds at all times.
• Manage key relationships with banks, tax and other statutory authorities.
• Liaise with external auditors during end of year audits and reviews.
Applicants should submit their application letters, degree certificates, CV and other relevant documents to CLA Front Office, not later than 31st August 2015 addressed to the Senior Pastor Christian Life Assembly, Kigali-Rwanda.